Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 
The No. 9 Schoolhouse

October 6, 2014 THE NO. 9 schoolhouse, which had been located along Ohio 8 and Ohio 800 between Barnesville and Interstate 70, was torn down in 1963. Coal company buildings later were on the site. more »»

The great Fire and Earthquake of 1906

October 4, 2014 THE GREAT San Francisco Fire and Earthquake of 1906. more »»

School Friends

October 3, 2014 THIS PHOTO was taken in Powhatan by the High School in 1945. Left to right: Carol Stottlemyer, Phyllis Hoyt, Le Nedia Procopio and Bernadine Ruble. more »»

Overlooking Railroad

October 2, 2014 NATIVE RAILROAD Overlook. A Native American overlooking the newly completed transcontinental railroad in 1868. more »»

Evener and Wingrove Children

October 1, 2014 ABOUT 1945, standing in front of the old railroad trestle in Powhatan are in front, Esther Evener, deceased; in back, Tommy Evener, Billy Wingrove and Lorna “Wingrove” Knight. more »»

Methodist Sunday School

September 30, 2014 THIS PICTURE was taken in the early 1930’s of the “Tom Thumb Wedding” by the “Primary Dept.” of the First Methodist Church, Third and Clay Streets, Martins Ferry. more »»

MACHU Discovery

September 29, 2014 MACHU DISCOVERY. The first photo following the discovery of Machu Pichu in 1912. more »»

An American indian graces Sign NAMC

September 27, 2014 AN AMERICAN Indian graces the sign of the North American Coal Corp. in Powhatan Point in the 1970’s. more »»

Standing on the old Railroad Trestle

September 26, 2014 STANDING ON the old railroad trestle in Powhatan, in 1941 are left to right: Lorna Wingrove Knight, Mary Lee “Tootie” Kenney, deceased; and Lola “Wingrove” Van Dyne of Beallsville. more »»

Pumpkin Queen

September 25, 2014 THE BARNESVILLE Pumpkin Festival is approaching quickly. Shown here is the 1998 Pumpkin Festival Queen Tonya (Schnegg) Trigg. more »»

Owners of General Store

September 24, 2014 THIS IS a photo original owners of a General Store called Popovich and Miller in New Lafferty and then they purchased Judge Kelley’s farm in 1927 which is the present day Miller Farm in... more »»

Old Mill Building

September 23, 2014 SHOWN IN 1970 is the Old Mill building which was the first brick building to be constructed in Powhatan Point. Built on First Street in the 1850’s by J. T. more »»

Walkers Fruit and Vegetable Stand

September 22, 2014 SHOWN IN this photo is the very first stand on the Walker’s Farm on Colerain Pike. This little stand of fruits and veggies turned into be on of the best home-made ice-cream shops in the Ohio Valley. more »»

Old Wegee

September 20, 2014 LOOKING DOWN the road to Shadyside many years ago you can see Old Wegee Church and Cemetery. more »»

Women's Club

September 19, 2014 IN 1993, The Women’s Club of Wheeling, held a meeting at Christopher’s restaurant. Pictured are the Ways and Means Committee: Jean Wilson, Marie Pedeleose, Dawn Secrest and Betty Fielding. more »»

Nagasaki, Japan bombing, 1945

September 18, 2014 NAGASAKI, JAPAN, minutes after the atomic bombing in 1945. Roughly half of the deaths in each city occurred on the first da. more »»

Mount de Chantal Library

September 17, 2014 THIS LIBRARY was at Wheeling’s Mount de Chantal Visitation Academy between 1888 and 1891. The space occupied by the library was converted into a classroom. more »»

London Sky

September 16, 2014 THE LONDON sky following a bombing and dogfight between British and German planes in 1940. more »»

Centennial Fair

September 15, 2014 THE BELMONT County Centennial Fair was held in 1949 at the fairgrounds in St. Clairsville. S.J. Gillogly is at front left, and Robert Pollock, front right, behind a team of horses. more »»

Steamboats 1907

September 13, 2014 STEAMBOATS ON the Mississippi River in 1907. Sternwheel festival is being held Wheeling this weekend. Quite a difference from the steamboats and horse and buggies of 1907. Submitted by Bill Patsche. more »»

 
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web