Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

DeWine to speak at GOP dinner

March 8, 2014

ST. CLAIRSVILLE — The March 18 Republican Party Lincoln Dinner will feature Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine. The doors will open at Undo’s at St. Clairsville, 6:30 p.m. Dinner will begin at 7 p.....

« Back to Article

 
 
sort: oldest | newest

Comments

(6)

uglyassmf

Mar-10-14 1:25 AM

The point is these judges are expected to be judges. Not Democrats or Republicans. Sadly like the rest in power they look after their own special interests. I guess you missed the point. I was just posting facts. My personal feelings on the matter is the two party system is broken beyond repair.

0 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »

RoyDandee

Mar-09-14 11:13 PM

Democrats started these judicial wars way back when, and then accelerated them during Bush's terms. I think our current president also voted to fillibuster one of Bush's Supreme Court nominee's. What goes around comes around, and eventually icing the 60 vote threshold for these judges will come back and haunt the Dems too.

0 Agrees | 1 Disagrees | Report Abuse »

Thoughtful

Mar-08-14 10:37 PM

qualified, Hardly. Extremists, very over the top and far from middle of the road....

1 Agrees | 1 Disagrees | Report Abuse »

uglyassmf

Mar-08-14 10:09 PM

President Obama nominated three qualified people to the three vacancies on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, Senate Republicans put up a coordinated front of righteous indignation, accusing the president of trying to “pack” the court to “rubber-stamp” his agenda. This act was somewhat hard to believe coming from a party that less than a decade ago successfully pushed to confirm George W. Bush’s nominees to the very same seats. The cries of “court-packing” were also a little bit undermined by the fact that Senate Republicans had allowed just one of President Obama’s nominees to be confirmed to the court, in contrast to four of Bush’s nominees and eight of Reagan’s. Compared to Bush's full two terms 91 % of his judicial nominees were confirmed. Obama is not even to the middle of his second term yet and senate Republicans have blocked 24% of his judicial nominees leaving him with success rate of only 76% compared to Bush's 91% after 8 full years in office. These are facts.

0 Agrees | 1 Disagrees | Report Abuse »

sweetgum

Mar-08-14 11:03 AM

I always thought that Supreme Court justices were to be nonpartisan.

1 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »

uglyassmf

Mar-08-14 1:26 AM

That is comical to say the least. If old Abe was alive today these guys wouldn't want anything to do with him.

1 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »

Showing 6 of 6 comments
 
 

Post a Comment

You must first login before you can comment.

*Your email address:
*Password:
Remember my email address.
or
 
 

 

I am looking for:
in:
News, Blogs & Events Web