If you have yet to submit your recipe for the Times Leader's annual Holiday Traditions cookbook, you don't have much time left!
The deadline to submit recipes is Wednesday, Oct. 23 - that's just a few days away! You don't want to miss your opportunity to win one of $800 worth of prizes, thanks to our very generous sponsors:?Riesbeck's Food Markets, Kroger, Perkins Restaurant & Bakery, Wheeling Coffee, Casa di Vino and Kitchen Collection
There are six categories in the cookbook - Appetizers; Soups, Salads & Breads; Main Dishes; Sweet Treats; On the Simple Side; and Smoothies & Holiday Beverages.
The top three recipes in each category will be chosen and the semi-finalists will drop off their prepared dish on a designated date and time at The?Times Leader in?Martins Ferry. The dishes will be tasted and judged by 10 volunteer Times Leader employees, who will name a winning recipe in each category, including second and third places. Those recipes will be featured in the Holiday Traditions cookbook. All other submitted recipes will be included in the cookbook.
Here's what the winner in each category will receive:
- $50 Riesbeck's gift card
- Gift bag from the Kitchen Collection
- $15 gift certificate from Wheeling Coffee
- $15 gift card for Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Second place will receive a $35 Kroger gift card, and third place will receive a wine bag from Casa di Vino. There will also be a random drawing for a $35 Kroger gift card.
If you'd like a chance to win these great prizes, submit your recipe in one of several ways:?
- Email it to htrecipes@timesleader online.com, a special email account set up just for this contest.
- Submit it through our Virtual Newsroom at timesleaderonline.com by selecting the recipe button under society.
- Bring us your recipe in person or mail to Holiday Traditions Recipe Contest, c/o The Times Leader, 200 South 4th Street, Martins Ferry, Ohio, 43935.
- No recipes will be accepted over the phone.
When submitting your entries, include your name and a phone number where you can be reached during the day. We also require your name, address and the category you would like us to judge your recipe.
Recipes must include concise information regarding amounts, ingredients, temperatures, cooking times, preparation methods, etc., WITHOUT abbreviations. Recipes that do not include the required information will not be included in Holiday Traditions.
Remember, this is your LAST?CHANCE to send in your best recipes. Who knows, your favorite recipe could also be a winning recipe!
We can't wait to hear again from our old friends and also look forward to hearing from many new ones.